Paperwork you must submit to the Embassy are following:
- Application for a Permit for the transportation of Human Ashes to Viet Nam (download).
- Permission from the People’s Committee at sub-district (xã/phuong) level in Viet Nam where ashes/body will be transported to. A family member in Viet Nam should fill out the attached form (download), then submit it to the local authorities (Ủy ban Nhân dân Xã/Phường) for endorsement, and send it back to the UK-based applicant for submission to the Embassy.
- Original and a copy of Death Certificate
- Original and a copy of No Infectious and Contagious Diseases Certificate (in case of dead body) or notarised copy of the Certificate of Cremation (in case of ashes).
- Photocopy of passport of applicant
- Papers proving that the applicant is the relative of the dead person or the authorisation letter from the relative of the dead person to bring the ashes/dead body to Viet Nam
- Vietnamese passport or travel document or paper proving Vietnamese nationality of the late person
- Notarised copy of the Vietnamese Resident Permit if the late person is foreigner
- Flight booking of person who brings the ashes or accompanies the late person to Viet Nam
Processing time: 5 working days