If you need to notarize your Contract of Authorisation or authenticate your signature on your Power of Attorney, you must come in person to the Embassy to sign your Contract of Authorisation or Power of Attorney in the witness of the consular staff.
(1) Drafted Contract of Authorisation/ Power of Attorney.
(2) Your current passport and a copy (page showing personal details).
(3) Original or a certified copy of identity paper (passport/identity card) of authorised party (Party B)
(4) Original or a certified copy of your asset ownership certificate (car/motorbike or real estate) which you are going to purchase/transact/transfer.
If you are unable to come in person, all above documents must be notarised at Notary Public, and then be certified by Legalisation Office – UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) or Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade before submitting to Embassy of Viet Nam for legalisation. Please sign at the end of each page if your Contract of Authorisation/ Power of Attorney consists of 2 pages or more.
The Embassy only legalise your documents when they have been certified by UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office or Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
You may submit your legalisation application in person or by post to the Embassy (please see instruction for legalisation here).
– You should contact Notary Public in Viet Nam to draft Contract of Authorisation/ Power of Attorney. Below attached Contract of Authorisation/ Power of Attorney below are for reference.
– The Contract of Authorisation/ Power of Attorney must be drafted in Vietnamese or bilingual. It must be either clearly typed or written in one ink colour.
II. Certify true copy of your current passport as original
If you need your passport certified, please submit your original passport in person or by post to the Embassy.