HOW TO GET A PERMIT FOR THE TRANSPORTATION OF HUMAN ASHES TO VIETNAM?
What to submit to the Embassy?
1. Photocopy of passports of applicant
2. Papers proving that the applicant is the relative of the dead person or the authorisation letter from the relative of the dead person to bring the ashes/dead body to Viet Nam
3. Vietnamese Passport or travel document or paper proving Vietnamese natioanlity of the late person
4. Notarised copy of the Vietnamese Resident Permit if the late person is foreigners
5. A Notarised copy of the Death Certificate
6. A Notarised copy of No Infectious and Contagious Diseases Certificate (in case of dead body) or notarised copy of the Certificate of Cremation (in case of ashes).
7. Permission from the People’s Committee at sub-district (xã/phuong) level in Vietnam where ashes will be transported to. A family member in Vietnam should fill out the attached form, submit it to the local authorities (Uy ban Nhân dân Xã/Phuong) for endorsement, and send it back to the UK-based applicant for submission to the Embassy.
8. Application for a Permit for the Transportation of Human Ashes to Vietnam. Download here.