CONSULAR SERVICES FOR NON-VIETNAMESE UK RESIDENTS
Please read the information below carefully before calling or emailing us.
Telephone enquires: 9:30-12:30 and 15:30-17:30 Monday to Friday.
Email enquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
In order to apply for business visa, you need to provide the following documents (other documents may be requested): (1) Valid passport; (2) Completed application form (download here); (3) Invitation letter; (4) Hotel booking; (5) Flight booking.
Please note the on-line visa service websites are not authorised and unable to provide business visa.
The Embassy of Viet Nam in London is the sole authority responsible for issuing Vietnamese visas in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
Travelers are advised to obtain standard visas from the Embassy before their embarking on their trips.
We do not recommend visa-on-arrival and online visa. These types of visa are issued by un-recognized websites with no connections with the embassy. We cannot verify the validity of such visa and cannot provide assistances to travelers in case they are refused entry while using these types of visa. Please read the updated Travel Advice by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/vietnam/entry-requirements)
I. General requirements:
- Valid PASSPORT (validity must exceed that of the visa by at least one month).
- One completed APPLICATION FORM (complete online here, photo upload on the form is optional)* then print out the form for application by post or in person. You can also save as PDF for email application (Next Day service and collect in person only). Please read below instructions for more details.
* Only when the online form malfunctions, download form here).
- One passport PHOTOGRAPH taken not more than one year ago, affixed to the application form.
- VISA FEE (see below)
- If you want your passport to be returned by post: please provide a self-addressed envelope (not stamped) and postal charge (see below).
- The Embassy may request further supporting documents and will contact the applicant when necessary. Please do not send any unless you are requested to do so.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: upon receipt of your visa, you are required to make sure all information on the visa is correct (especially passport number and visa date). Any error must be notified to our staff immediately and BEFORE your departure from the UK and Ireland. Failure to do so means we will NOT take any responsibility when visa problems arise upon arriving in Viet Nam and no refund and compensation will be available.
* Visa process for non-EU passports holders may be different, please contact the Embassy for more information.
II. Processing time:
Application is processed by either Express or Normal service with different applicable fees.
III. How to apply:
You can apply for Visa in person or by post. A third party can submit relevant documents and collect visa on your behalf. Email application is also possible if you use Next Day service (see below).
Applications must be submitted before 12:30 every working day.
To apply in person:
- Arrive at the embassy between 9:30-12:30. No appointment is needed. The consulate service is closed after 12:30.
- Submit all the required documents (see above) and pay the appropriate fee in cash.
- You will receive a receipt, which states the date your visa is ready for collection.
- Collection time: 9:30-12:30 Monday to Friday (except public holidays). No appointment is needed.
- A third party can submit relevant documents and collect visa on your behalf.
To apply by post: (The Embassy recommends application by post to avoid long queue).
- Post your application (including: passport, application form, self-addressed enveloped (not stamped), payment of all related fees and charges) by Royal Mail Special Delivery/Registered post. Do not send your mail by first class only.
Postal address: Embassy of Viet Nam (Consular Section), 12-14 Victoria Road, London W8 5RD
- Payment should be made by cheque or postal order payable to the ‘EMBASSY OF VIET NAM’, all in British pounds sterling only. Your full name, passport number and telephone number must be provided at the back of the payment. DO NOT SEND CASH.
- More than one visa application can be submitted together in one envelop.
- More than one passports can be returned to applicants in the same envelop.
- All passports will be returned by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- Visa processing time will start from the date the application is received, not from the date it is dispatched. Your passport will need 1 or 2 days to reach you via post after the visa is issued.
To apply by Email (Only for Express service; you or a third party need need to bring passport to the Embassy to collect visa; no deadline for collection. If you cannot collect in person, please email the Embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org for possible solution):
- Your full application is including: 1. Visa application form (completed online, saved as PDF file and attached to the email); 2. Scan copy of you passport page; 3. Evidence of payment (transfer receipt, bank statement, screenshot ...)
- Please send email to Consular@vietnamembassy.org.uk to request visa fee and bank account details (please provide your length of stay and number of entries in your email). After receiving our first general instruction with visa fee and bank account details, you should send us full application (application form, passport page and payment evidence) via email. Your application will be processed after we receive your full application. (We do not accept application by Fax).
- All application must be made before 12:30 of every working day.
- All successful email application will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours. Do not assume your application is accepted if no confirmation was made. Once the confirmation email is sent, it is not possible to cancel your application; payment of the full visa fee is required.
- Collection: You must collect your visa by visiting the embassy with your passport and original application form.
- Visa collection time: 9:30-12:30 Monday to Friday (except public holiday). No appointment is needed.
- All applications by Email are automatically considered as Next Day processing.
IV. Visa fee and postage charge
- Visa fees vary according to the type of visa and length of stay. Please contact the Embassy by email at email@example.com for relevant fee information (To get quick answer, please make your email subject "Visa fee enquiry - Your surname" and also provide your length of stay and number of entries in your email)
- Postal charges (including handling fees) by Royal Mail Special Delivery. Please contact the Embassy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for relevant fee information.
You can pay visa fee and postage charge by 1 cheque.
V. Important information:
- Visa will be valid from the DATE OF ENTRY (provided in the application form) and extend for 30 days or 90 days depending on the type of visa. You can enter Viet Nam on and after the DATE OF ENTRY and must leave before the visa expires.
- Visa procedure and fee for children are the same as for adults if the children have their own passports. Children who are included in parents’ passports do not need separate visas and are not charged visa fees. However, their names must be stated in their parents application form with one accompanying photograph for each child. The parents must sign the applications on behalf of children under 14 years old.
- Amendments of the visa can be done only when the visa is still valid. Fee applies.
- Visa processing fees and charges are payable whether or not a visa is ultimately granted and are not refundable.
- In most cases you do not need a visa to enter/re-enter Viet Nam if you do not cross passport control when catching connecting flights. Please double check carefully with your travel agencies and airlines for specific requirements at your transit airports.
- The visa process is not bound by your travel plan. Please do not purchase air tickets/holiday packages to Viet Nam before you obtain a visa or you can be sure to obtain visa on time.
- The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage to redundant documents sent to the Embassy but not required by us.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation and information from the applicant, and to refuse any visa application.
- Holders of diplomatic and official passports based in the UK and Ireland will be granted visas GRATIS unless otherwise endorsed.
- In addition to the procedure specified above, applicant must submit a Note Verbal or an official letter from the UK Foreign Office or the Republic of Ireland Department of Foreign Affairs, or diplomatic missions accredited to UK, Ireland, and international organisations.
- British or Irish diplomats to be posted in Viet Nam are requested to inform the Embassy of his/her Position, title at the mission in Viet Nam, and name of the person that he/she is to replace.
All documents need to be properly notarised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (for United Kingdom), the Department of Foreign Affairs (for Ireland) and the Legalisation Offices in the UK Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man). Documents from UK Overseas Territories ( Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Island , Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Turks and Caicos Islands) must be legalised by the Legalisation Office in the Overseas Territory concerned before being legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Only then will the documents be legalised in turn by the Embassy of Viet Nam in London.
You need to submit:
- Original documents
- Photocopies of the above documents to be retained by the Embassy
- Legalisation fees: please contact us. Payment should be in cash, postal order or bank draft made payable to 'Embassy of Viet Nam'
It takes five working days to process your application, excluding posting time. Please add a self-addressed envelope if your application is to be sent and returned by post (return would be by Special Delivery).
A non-Vietnamese citizen, seeking to get married to a Vietnamese national, may submit in person or by mail his/her file of required documents for marriage registration to the Embassy of Viet Nam in London for authentication before taking them to Viet Nam for subsequent procedures.
Documents to be authenticated by the Embassy:
- Application for Marriage Registration in Viet Nam
- Affidavit of Marital Status will be sworn in front of a notary public in the United Kingdom within the last six months certifying that no marriage license or marriage record of the applicant has been found for the period from the beginning of legal age for marriage to date.
- Medical Certificate issued by an authorized medical organization confirming that the applicant has no mental illnesses, or has a mental problem but not to the extent of losing consciousness of his/her own actions.
- Certified copy of the photo and signature pages of the Passport.
NOTE: All documents must be certified by a Notary Public and the signatures of the Notary Public must be subsequently certified by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office/Department of Foreign Affairs before the documents are sent to the Embassy for authentication.
The foreigner that also has Vietnamese nationality must submit a Certificate of Single Status issued by the Embassy. Instructions can be found at http://vietnamembassy.org.uk/index.php?action=p&ct=VN_Giayxacnhanhonnhan
For Divorced and Widowed Applicants: In addition to the above-listed documents,
- Divorcees are required to submit the Divorce Decree after it has been certified by a Notary Public, and subsequently authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Widows are to submit a photocopy of Death Certificate of the previous spouse after it has been certified by a Notary Public or and subsequently authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
1. A Vietnamese Birth Certificate is granted to a child:
· born of two married Vietnamese citizens,
· one of the parents is a Vietnamese citizen and the other is a stateless person
· mother is a Vietnamese citizen and father is unknown
· Application Form for Birth Certificate. For late applications, please download form here: APPLICATION FORM
· The parents’ passports or notarised copy of parents’ passports.
· Marriage certificate or notarised copy of marriage certicate
· Original birth record issued by the hospital of birth certificate issued by UK authorities (full version that have names of parents)2. For a child, whose parents is a Vietnamese citizen and a foreign citizen, apart from above mentioned documetns, the parents needs to submit a Declaration stating their acceptance that their child may carry Vietnamese citizenship. (FORM). The parents can bring their passports to the Embassy to sign the Declaration in front of the consular officer. If they can not come to the Embassy, they can sign the Declaration in front of the Notary Public (who will certify their signatures) then post the Declaration together with the application to the Embassy.
Processing Time: Five working days, excluding the posting time.
- Vietnamese Police Check.
Please do not contact the Embassy for the above documents. You must petition for them at the local authorities in Viet Nam.
Embassy of Viet Nam (Consular Section)
12-14 Victoria Road,
London W8 5RD
Tel: 0207 937 1912
Fax: 0207 565 3853 or 0207 937 6108
Direction to the Embassy: The Embassy is located on Victoria Road, off Kensington High Street and Kensington Gardens. Nearest Underground stations: High Street Kensington and Gloucester Road.
|Friday 25 December 2015||Christmas Day|
|Sarturday 26 December 2015||Boxing Day|
|Monday 28 December 2015||Boxing Day (substitute day)|
|Friday 01 January 2016||New Year's Days|
|From Saturday 06 February to Sunday 14 February 2016||Vietnamese Lunar New Year|
|(The Embassy opens again on Monday 15 February 2016)|
|Friday 25 March 2016||
|Monday 28 March 2016||
|From Saturday 16 April to Monday 18 April 2016
Commemoration Day for Hung Kings
|From Saturday 30 April to Tuesday 3 May 2016||Unification Day and International Labour Day,
Early May Bank Holiday
|Monday 30 May 2016||Spring Bank Holiday|
|Monday 29 August 2016||Summer Bank Holiday|
|From Friday 2 September to Sunday 4 September 2016||Viet Nam 's National Day|
|Sunday 25 December 2016||Christmas Day|
|Monday 26 December 2016||Boxing Day|
|Tuesday 27 December 2016||Christmas Day (substitute day)|