CONSULAR SERVICES FOR NON-VIETNAMESE IRELAND RESIDENTS
Please read the information below carefully before calling or emailing us.
Telephone enquires: 9:30-12:30 and 15:30-17:30 Monday to Friday.
Email enquiries will be replied within 24 hours.
Starting from 1st Jan 2015, if you travel to Viet Nam for business or to attend conferences your host organizations/partners/invitees will need to arrange for your visa directly with the Immigration Office of Vietnam.
In case of emergency and a short-stay single-entry visa is urgently required, the embassy may provide assistance on case by case basis. In order to apply for assistance from the embassy, you need to provide the following documents by email (other documents may be requested): (1) Copy of valid passport; (2) Completed application form; (3) Invitation letter. Embassy staff will response to your inquiry by email or telephone.
Please note the on-line visa service websites are not authorised and unable to provide business visa.
The Embassy of Viet Nam in London is the sole authority responsible for issuing Vietnamese visas in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Travelers are advised to obtain standard visas from the Embassy before embarking on their trips.
We do not recommend visa-on-arrival and online visa. These types of visa are issued by un-recognised websites with no connections with the embassy. We cannot verify the validity of such visa and cannot provide assistances to travelers in case they are refused entry while using these types of visa.I. How to apply:
You can apply for a loose leaf visa which does not require you to hand in your passport, we will send you your visa by post. (Loose leaf visa is a document with your personal details and travel date, it must be presented with your passport upon arrival).
To apply for a loose leaf visa please EMAIL the following documents to Embassy’s address (email@example.com):
- Scan copy of passport page.
- Evidence of payment of the visa fee and return postage (paid by bank transfer). Please contact the Embassy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for bank account details and relevant fee information, don't forget to mention that you are applicant from Republic of Ireland.
- A Passport photo and Your postal address by completed the enclosed form. This form must be scanned in color.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: upon receipt of your visa, you are required to make sure all information on the visa is correct (especially passport number and visa date). Any error must be notified to our staff immediately and BEFORE your departure from the UK and Ireland. Failure to do so means we will NOT take any responsibility when visa problems arise upon arriving in Viet Nam and no refund and compensation will be available.
* Visa process for non-EU passports holders may be different, please contact the Embassy for more information.
II. Processing time:
* Normal Processing: 5 working days.
* Express Processing: 2 working days (different fee applied).
* Next Day Processing: 1 working day (different fee applied).
- Post to Ireland may take longer time (up to one week) to reach you.
* For 90 days multiple entry visa, we do not offer Express service. Please also submit flight booking in this case.
III. Visa fee and postage charge (in British pounds sterling)
- Visa fees vary according to the type of visa and length of stay. Please contact the Embassy by email at email@example.com for relevant fee information.
- Postal charges (including handling fees). Please contact the Embassy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for relevant fee information.
IV. Important information:
- Visa will be valid from the DATE OF ENTRY (provided in the application form) and extend for 30 days or 90 days depending on the type of visa. You can enter Viet Nam on and after the DATE OF ENTRY and must leave before the visa expires.
- Visa procedure and fee for children are the same as for adults if the children have their own passports. Children who are included in parents’ passports do not need separate visas and are not charged visa fees. However, their names must be stated in their parents application form with one accompanying photograph for each child. The parents must sign the applications on behalf of children under 14 years old.
- Amendments of the visa can be done only when the visa is still valid. Fee applies.
- Visa processing fees and charges are payable whether or not a visa is ultimately granted and are not refundable.
- In most cases you do not need a visa to enter/re-enter Viet Nam if you do not cross passport control when catching connecting flights. Please double check carefully with your travel agencies and airlines for specific requirements at your transit airports.
- Please do not purchase air tickets/holiday packages to Viet Nam before you obtain a visa. The visa process is not bound by your travel plan.
- The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage to redundant documents sent to the Embassy but not required by us.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation and information from the applicant, and to refuse any visa application.
- Holders of diplomatic and official passports based in the UK and Ireland will be granted visas GRATIS unless otherwise endorsed.
- In addition to the procedure specified above, applicant must submit a Note Verbal or an official letter from the UK Foreign Office or the Ireland Department of Foreign Affairs, or diplomatic missions accredited to UK, Ireland, and international organisations.
- British or Irish diplomats to be posted in Viet Nam are requested to inform the Embassy of his/her Position, title at the mission in Viet Nam, and name of the person that he/she is to replace.
All documents need to be properly notarised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (for United Kingdom), the Department of Foreign Affairs (for Ireland) and the Legalisation Offices in the UK Crown Dependencies ( Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man). Documents from UK Overseas Territories ( Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Island, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Turks and Caicos Islands) must be legalised by the Legalisation Office in the Overseas Territory concerned before being legalised by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Only then will the documents be legalised in turn by the Embassy of Viet Nam in London.
You need to submit:
- Original documents
- Photocopies of the above documents to be retained by the Embassy
- Legalisation fees: please contact us. Payment should be in cash, postal order or bank draft made payable to 'Embassy of Viet Nam'
Documents of the Application Dossier:
1. An Application for Adoption of a Vietnamese Child.
2. A photocopy of the Marriage Certificate (for married couples).
3. Photocopies of the photo and signature pages of the Passport(s).
4. A valid permit issued by the competent authority of the country of permanent residence of the adoptive applicant, which allows such applicant to obtain an adopted child.
5. Health Certificates issued by the competent health authorities not more than six months before the date of receipt of the adoption dossier confirming that the applicant has sufficient health, and no mental and contagious diseases. A bilingual form is attached for the applicant’s convenience.
6. Proof of prospective foster parent(s)’ adequate means of financial support for the rearing of the adopted child:
7. No Criminal Record Certificates for husband and wife issued by County Police not more than six months before the date of receipt of the adoption dossier.
8. A Power of Attorney from one spouse to the other entrusting him/her to complete the application procedure in Viet Nam when one of the spouses cannot go to Viet nam.
All the above- mentioned documents must be authenticated by the Embassy of Viet Nam after they have been certified the Department of Foreign Affairs of Ireland.
The above-mentioned 8 documents must be prepared in two sets and submitted to the Department of International Adoption, Ministry of Justice of Viet Nam.
A non-Vietnamese citizen, seeking to get married to a Vietnamese national, may submit in person or by mail his/her file of required documents for marriage registration to the Embassy of Viet Nam in London for authentication before taking them to Viet Nam for subsequent procedures.
Documents to be authenticated by the Embassy:
- Application for Marriage Registration in Viet Nam
- Affidavit of Marital Status will be sworn in front of a notary public in the United Kingdom within the last six months certifying that no marriage license or marriage record of the applicant has been found for the period from the beginning of legal age for marriage to date.
- Medical Certificate issued by an authorized medical organization confirming that the applicant has no mental illnesses, or has a mental problem but not to the extent of losing consciousness of his/her own actions.
- Certified copy of the photo and signature pages of the Passport.
NOTE: The Affidavit of Marital Status and Medical Certificate must be certified by a Notary Public and the signatures of the Notary Public must be subsequently certified by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office/Department of Foreign Affairs before the documents are sent to the Embassy for authentication.
For Divorced and Widowed Applicants: In addition to the above-listed documents,
- Divorcees are required to submit the Divorce Decree after it has been certified by a Notary Public, and subsequently authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Widows are to submit a photocopy of Death Certificate of the previous spouse after it has been certified by a Notary Public or and subsequently authenticated by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
A Vietnamese Birth Certificate is granted to a child:
· born of two married Vietnamese citizens,
· one of the parents is a Vietnamese citizen and the other is a stateless person
· mother is a Vietnamese citizen and father is unknown
· Photocopies of the parents’ passports.
· Photocopy of marriage certificate
· Photocopy of birth record by the hospital
· For a child born of a Vietnamese citizen and a foreign citizen, the foreign parent needs to submit a declaration stating his/her acceptance that the child may carry Vietnamese citizenship.
Processing Time: Five working days, excluding the posting time.
- Duplicate Birth Certificate (for those who were born in Viet Nam and their original birth certificates were not issued by the Embassy)
- Vietnamese Police Check.
Please do not contact the Embassy for the above documents. You must petition for them at the local authorities in Viet Nam.
Embassy of Viet Nam (Consular Section)
12-14 Victoria Road,
London W8 5RD
Tel: 0207 937 1912
Fax: 0207 565 3853 or 0207 937 6108
Direction to the Embassy: The Embassy is located on Victoria Road, off Kensington High Street and Kensington Gardens. Nearest Underground stations: High Street Kensington and Gloucester Road.
|Thursday 25 December 2014||Christmas Day|
|Friday 26 December 2014||Boxing Day|
|Thursday 01 and Friday 02 January 2015||New Year's Days|
|From Sunday 15 February 2015 to Monday 23 February 2015||Vietnamese Lunar New Year|
|(The Embassy opens again on Tuesday 24 February 2015)|
|Friday 03 April 2015||
|Monday 06 April 2015||
|From Tuesday 28 April to Friday 01 May 2015
Commemoration Day for Hung Kings,
Unification Day and International Labour Day
|Monday 04 May 2015||Early May Bank Holiday|
|Monday 25 May 2015||Spring Bank Holiday|
|Monday 31 August 2015||Summer Bank Holiday|
|Wednesday 02 September 2015||Viet Nam 's National Day|
|Friday 25 December 2015||Christmas Day|
|Sarturday 26 December 2015||Boxing Day|
|Monday 28 December 2015||Boxing Day (in lieu)|